Heat the oil in a frypan over low heat. Add the onion and garlic, then cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until golden but not browned. Add the beetroot and cook for 3 minutes or until warmed through. Remove from heat and season.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 10-12 minutes until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup (80ml) cooking liquid. Add the reserved cooking liquid to the beetroot mixture and stir to combine, then stir in goat’s cheese, pecans and parsley.
Divide pasta among bowls, then top with the beetroot mixture. Drizzle with extra oil, sprinkle with pecorino, then serve.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 500g pre-cooked beetroot, cut into 3cm pieces
- 400g fusilli or other short pasta
- 200g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (70g) pecans, toasted, chopped
- 2 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Grated pecorino, to serve
Recipe source: http://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/winter-fusilli-beetroot-goats-cheese-pecans/936d0961-3d8a-42f9-b8cd-a41ed92abe24?current_section=recipes&adkit_ref=/recipes/collections/winter-recipes/9c5e5bfe-7fa0-4846-9bb3-a96666cd358e