Ian Thorpe Aquatic and Fitness Centre
This iconic $40 million facility, housed in a distinctive wave-form building, was named in honour of five times Gold Medal winning champion Ian Thorpe. The centre offers a range of health and aquatic programs and services to cater for the diverse ages, interests and abilities of it’s surrounding communities. Our services include swimming lessons, personal training, group fitness, recreational swimming, squad training and school programs.
The Ian Thorpe Aquatic and Fitness Centre is a fully accessible facility. Main entry is on street level; accessible from Harris St and via a lift from Pyrmont Bridge Rd.
All pools are on entry level and all fully accessible:
- Program pool (32°) full ramp access.
- Leisure pool (30°) ‘beach style entry’
- 50m pool (26.5°) ‘easy steps’ for assisted entry. IBIS pool hoist for transfers and access to pool.
Equipment on site:
- IBIS pool hoist
- Water wheel chair
- 3 accessible change rooms
A fully-equipped gym is on the lower level with staff able to provide programs utilising specialised pin loaded and resistance banded equipment. The external lift and intercom system allows access to the gym facilities on the lower level.
Please note the Program pool opening hours for general public are:
- Monday to Sunday 6am-8am
- Monday & Wednesday 2pm-3pm
- Tuesdays, Thursdays 12.30pm - 3pm
- Friday 1pm-3pm
- Saturday 1pm-3pm & 5pm-8pm
- Sunday 1pm - 8pm